Start a Business
Review resources, guidelines and info to open smart—and smoothly.
Start A Business
Support to get started. Resources to tap into. Districts to discover. Research to conduct. Looking for the right elements to make your dream happen in a diverse, dynamic city that embraces entrepreneurs? You’ve come to the right place.
Follow these Dearborn business builders on their journey from concept to customers.
Make sure you’ve covered all the bases, and made every step as smooth as possible.
- Contact the DDA
- Choose a Name
- Select a Legal Structure
- Write a Business Plan
- Obtain your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Register Business with State and Business Name with Wayne County
- Obtain Business Licenses
- Choose a Location For Your Business
- City Permits
- Business Startup Funding Assistance
- Obtain a Business Bank Account
- Set Up Your System for Accounting and Record Keeping
- Secure Business Insurance
- Establish Your Operating Systems & Processes
- Create your Business Identity
- Create a Marketing Plan
Find retail and commercial space as well as buildable lots and acreage.Learn More
Find links to essential info as well as loans, grants and tax incentives.
Open Door Dearborn Business Grant Program
Grants and Financial Resources
Business Name Registration
Downtown Dearborn Business Assistance Team (BAT)
City of Dearborn Zoning Map
Downtown Dearborn Recruitment Strategy
Documents & Reports