About Us, Mission & Vision
Discover the people, plans and purpose that are helping to drive Dearborn forward.
The East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (EDDDA) and West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (WDDDA) work together with businesses, property owners, residents, community organizations and other stakeholders throughout the city to create a vibrant Downtown Dearborn experience for all.
Our Mission is Guided by Five Transformational Strategies
The Downtown Dearborn Development Authorities pursue a mission of creating an unforgettable experience of Dearborn as a cohesive community with next-gen appeal, enriched by walkable public spaces, cultural vitality and innovative retail diversity.
Shape, embrace and communicate an image that reflects who we are as a community.
Build a community infrastructure that supports all modes of transportation.
Unite our community across geographic and socioeconomic barriers by rallying around an integrated vision of Downtown Dearborn.
Next Generation Appeal
Build a downtown that next-generation consumers, residents and entrepreneurs value.
Innovative Retail Diversity
Attract and retain businesses that reflect the Downtown Dearborn image and offer a wide range of experiences for consumers, unique to our downtown.
Ways We Support Downtown Dearborn’s Growth
As the economic redevelopment engine for Downtown Dearborn, the Dearborn DDAs help businesses and the community prosper by developing and offering a wide range of programs and assistance designed to make businesses stronger and the districts more viable. Powered by its technical expertise, valuable network of contacts and ready access to pertinent information, the Downtown Dearborn Development Authorities are able to help businesses launch and grow.
Improving Our Image, Growing the Number of Consumers and Extending Market Reach
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Over 60 Downtown Events that businesses can participate in or connect their brand with ours through sponsorship opportunities
- The DDDAs advertise the districts and offer group advertising opportunities in Print, Radio, TV/Cable, Internet, Billboard
- Downtown Dearborn’s Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Instagram share what’s happening in and around the districts
- Downtown Dearborn E-Newsletter distributed to consumers, business owners and residents bi-weekly provides what’s happening in Downtown Dearborn, including events, business information and the newest development activity. Editorial Recognition and/or Promotional Placement in the E-newsletter is available.
- FREE listing on www.DowntownDearborn.org
- Publicity/Media Story Creation & Dissemination
Creating a Place Where Everyone is Welcomed
- Infrastructure, Streetscape, Public Improvements & Maintenance of the DDDA districts
- Landscape and Litter Maintenance
- Snow Removal
- Development and Management of public, community gathering spaces
- Encouragement of outdoor cafes and business activation
- Community entryways, signage and banners
Connecting You to Downtown
- Keeping you up-to-date on local to statewide issues and policies
- Advocating for downtown business issues
- Developing new policies and procedures that improve the local business economy
Giving Businesses the Start and Assistance they need to Grow
- Business Location Services
- NEW – Open Door Dearborn Business Location & Facade Improvement Incentive Grant
- NEW – Design Guidelines & Assistance
- Assistance with State, National & Historic Tax Incentives
- Business Start Up, Development & Education
- Market Research & Analysis
- Assistance with Permits, Applications, Zoning
- Consultation Services & Workshops
- Retention visits with existing businesses to help navigate tools and assistance programs
- Property Marketing and Tenant Searches
- Property Listing on DowntownDearborn.org
- Infill Redevelopment Incentives and Guidance
Get Your Business Listed
Want to reach a larger audience? Send us your Dearborn business information.
Reach Our Business Assistance Team
Our BAT is here to help you open a business in Dearborn or simply give you advice.
Find More Resources
Find additional resources from permits to how-to’s right here.