About Us, Mission & Vision
The East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (EDDDA) and West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (WDDDA) along with businesses, property owners, residents, community organizations and key stakeholders throughout the city are working together to create a vibrant Downtown Dearborn experience for all.
Our mission is guided by five transformational strategies:
- Image – Shape, embrace and communicate an image that reflects who we are as a community.
- Mobility – Build a community infrastructure that supports all modes of transportation.
- Cohesive Community – Unite our community across geographic and socioeconomic barriers by rallying around an integrated vision of Downtown Dearborn
- Next Generation Appeal – Build a downtown that next-generation consumers, residents and entrepreneurs value.
- Innovative Retail Diversity – Attract and retain businesses that reflect the Downtown Dearborn image and offer a wide range of experiences for consumers, unique to our downtown.
Downtown Dearborn Vision Plan
Help Inform the 2030 Vision!
Springing from Dearborn’s Master Plan and Branding Dearborn initiative that developed a cohesive message and vision for the city, the Dearborn Downtown Development Authorities (DDA) are further defining how that vision applies specifically to Downtown Dearborn physically, socially, economically and environmentally from east to west and in between.
Provide your input on how our community can grow to enhance tomorrow’s downtown experience for all.
Need a printed/hard copy? Contact the DDDA Office or pick one up at one of these Downtown Dearborn locations:
· DDDA Office, 13615 Michigan Ave., Suite B-2
· Green Brain Comics, 13936 Michigan Ave.
· Village Picture Frame & Gallery, 22191 Michigan Ave.
Join the conversation online!
Provide us your thoughts on how Downtown Dearborn can be more:
Let’s talk in detail about what the future Downtown Dearborn will be or consist of:
- Feature an attractive mix of well-maintained historic and new buildings that create an authentic vibe.
- Bridge the gap to unite the two downtowns and their historic attributes across the physical, social, and psychological barriers that have divided them.
- Provide a safe, walkable environment that emphasizes people over cars.
- Present a vibrant, livable center with a variety of housing options and amenities.
- Attract top talent, cultivating innovative businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Leverage diverse cultural, historic, artistic amenities as a destination for tourists, students, and residents.
- Provide green, open, and active places for the public to connect, congregate, and recreate.