GET AROUND DEARBORN WITH SMART FLEX!
Biking in Downtown Dearborn
Safe and reliable transportation options are an important part of a vibrant downtown environment. Downtown Dearborn has worked to put many things in motion and partner with organizations that work to promote mobility and accessibility to the community and the many ways we connect to our downtown areas.
We are proud to partner with Bike Dearborn, the Beaumont/Kosch Family, the City of Dearborn, and the Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce to provide the community with information on bike safety in Downtown Dearborn and beyond!
Sharing the road is a shared responsibility.
Bicyclists are permitted on all roadways unless specifically prohibited, like on limited-access highways.
Tips for Drivers
- Keep five feet away from a bicyclist. It’s the law.
- No parking or driving in the bike lane. Again, it’s the law.
- Be alert. Distracted driving is dangerous.
- Use caution. Always look for bicyclists before opening your car door.
- Check your blind spot. Allow a bicyclist to pass before making your turn.
Tips for Bicyclists
- Obey all traffic signals, stop signs and laws. Ride in the direction of traffic and use hand signals.
- Use bike lanes when present. Bicyclists may leave a bike lane to turn left or to avoid hazards.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Be predictable and visible. Use headlights, taillights and reflectors.
- Be alert. Wear a helmet.
Where are the bike lanes?
Start and end your day in Downtown Dearborn with a trip starting on Monroe to Ford Field and connect to the Rouge Greenway Trail. There are also bike lanes on Brady Street and more will be added to Outer Drive soon.
Where do I fix or park my bike?
Bike racks and repair stations are located throughout Downtown Dearborn and city facilities.
Bike Dearborn created this map to highlight the many bicycle friendly facilities and businesses within the City of Dearborn.
You can turn on and off layers of interest in the side legend of the map.
To open the legend, click the icon.
- Bike Parking
- Bike Share Stations (Bike Share is currently not active)
- Bicycle Friendly Businesses
- City Parks
- Bike Repair Stations
- Dearborn Public Schools
- Current Bike Lanes
Future of bike share & scooters
Downtown Dearborn is currently working on a plan to partner with both a scooter share and bike share company. A scooter program should be rolled out by the fall of 2021, and a bike share program will be ready by the spring of 2022.
More information about biking in Dearborn
Get more information on biking in Dearborn, connect with biking enthusiasts, and find out about planned group rides by visiting the Bike Dearborn website!