NORTH CONNECTOR STREETSCAPE CONSTRUCTION BEGINS AUG. 19
On Monday, August 19, 2019, construction of the North Connector Streetscapes will begin on Howard and Mason Streets, with hardscapes expected to be completed at the end of fall 2019. In Spring 2020, construction will begin on Monroe Street, and the remaining landscaping materials for Howard and Mason will be completed.
Prior to construction, please see the following notices:
- Delivery of materials and equipment will begin the week of August 12th.
- Howard and Mason Streets from Michigan Avenue to Garrison will be inaccessible and traffic appropriately redirected as surfaces are removed and replaced starting Aug. 19. Monroe Street (Spring 2020) from Michigan Avenue to Garrison will be inaccessible starting in the Spring of 2020.
- With a 24-hour notice in place, please be advised there is a possibility for those in the construction zone to be without water for a short period of time at one point throughout the construction process for lines to be reconnected.
- Alley access from Howard and Mason will not be accessible and deliveries should be appropriately adjusted.
- As construction progresses, additional details on a completion date will be provided.
- Please join the Downtown Dearborn Connector Streetscape Updates group page on Facebook for the latest updates.
Businesses will be open during construction, and we encourage patrons, community members and visitors to continue to shop local in Downtown Dearborn.
We thank community members and visitors for both their excitement and patience as Downtown Dearborn collaboratively aims to:
- Improve both the vehicular and non-motorized experience through Dearborn, including traffic calming and dedicated bike lanes on Monroe Street
- Promote alternative transportation choices
- Make Downtown safer for the pedestrian and cyclist
- Enhance neighborhood character
To meet the proposed goals, please note the following updates:
- Howard Street Construction: Sidewalk, Crosswalk, Mid-block Crossing, On Street Parking, On Street Bike Parking, Plant Beds, Trees
- Mason Street Construction: Sidewalk, Crosswalk, Mid-block Crossing, On Street Parking, On Street Bike Parking, Plant Beds, Trees
Monroe Street Construction
- Michigan to Garrison: Sidewalk, Crosswalk, Bike Lane, On Street Parking, On Street Bike Parking, Plant Beds, Trees
- Garrison to Morley: Sidewalk, Crosswalk, Bike Lane, On Street Parking, Trees
- Morley to Ford Field Park: Pedestrian Walk, Crosswalk, Mid-block Crossing, Bike Lane
If you have any specific questions regarding the road construction, such as scheduling, parking or access, please contact Cristina Sheppard-Decius, Dearborn Downtown Development Authorities’ Executive Director at email@example.com; P: 313-943-3141.